Office Closure due to COVID-19
To combat the spread of COVID-19, LMCH has closed its main office to walk-in visits. The health and well-being of our tenants, our staff, community partners and volunteers is what matters the most. We’re here to help. Staff are available via telephone, email or through our website. Click here
for more details.
COVID-19 Information for LMCH Tenants
The health and well-being of our tenants, employees, contractors and community partners continues to be our priority. To help with prevention, LMCH is taking the following precautionary measures to protect our Tenants and Staff:
- LMCH has increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in high-traffic areas of our buildings
- LMCH has temporarily closed common areas to support physical distancing, and encourage tenants to follow health care recommendations to limit close contact with others.
- The LMCH Main Office is closed to walk-in visitors as a precautionary measure until further notice.
- LMCH will work with tenants if employment income is reduced due to COVID-19. Tenants are asked to contact the main office to discuss their situation and options available.
- All public spaces (Lounges, Public Washrooms, Craft Rooms, etc.) have been closed in buildings until further notice.
- All Community Programming has been cancelled until further notice.
- Community Relations Workers (CRWs) will be available by email or phone only.
- We have issued regular updates to our employees, including advice on how they can direct tenants to get information about COVID-19 from the Middlesex London Health Unit (MLHU).
- LMCH is posting information about COVID-19 in all buildings to share basic facts about the virus.
We're all in this together. We all have a role to play in reducing the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
- Practice physical distancing by staying 2 metres (6 feet) away from those around you. Limit the number of people you come in contact with.
- If you have to go to the store for groceries, try to stay 6 feet away from people and wash your hands or use hand sanitizer when you leave the store.
- The Ontario Government has limited crowds or gathers to 5 people. (3/30/2020) (Essential businesses, families and child care facilities are exempt.)
- Wash your hands frequently and for 15-20 seconds each time. Sneeze and cough into your arm or into a tissue and dispose of the tissue immediately.
- Do not leave garbage in the hallways or common areas.
- On March 25, 2020 the Minister of Health announced that any person entering Canada by air, sea or land must self-isolate for 14 days whether or not they have symptoms of COVID-19.
During the COVID-19 emergency, London & Middlesex Community Housing will not be accepting walk-in rent payments. You have other options for paying rent.
Download and complete the Pre-Authorized Debit Form
You can mail cheques payable to London & Middlesex Community Housing with your Tenant Code (example: T000123) as the memo, along with your name and address so we can apply your payment to the correct account.
- Online Banking
Pay your rent using your online banking system. You can add "London & Middlesex Housing Corp." as a payee and use your Tenant Code as your account number. If your bank requires a 10-digit account number, simply add 00 before the T (example: 00T000123). This will allow you to make payments directly from your bank account. Talk to your bank, credit union or trust company to learn how.
- Telephone Banking
Pay your rent using telephone banking. You can pay rent directly from your bank account over the phone. Talk to your bank, credit union or trust company to learn how.
- Pre-Authorized Payment
Pay your rent using the pre-authorized payment system. Your bank, credit union or trust company will send your rent payment from your bank account directly to LMCH on the first day of every month.
(PAD) and send it to our main office. You must attach a Void Cheque from the bank account that you want LMCH to debit your rent from. You can either mail this form back to our main office, or scan/take a picture and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Avoid crowded elevators when possible. Wait for an empty one if you can. Wash your hands after using the elevator.
- Tenants are encouraged to limit the number of guests at this time to ensure the health and safety of everyone in the building.
- Do not invite guests to the building who have recently returned from travelling.
- All tenants should support the physical distancing recommendations from our healthcare leaders, including limiting gatherings in the common areas of buildings.
For more information on COVID-19 -
Middlesex London Health Unit (MLHU)
Government of Canada Travel Advice and Advisory
World Health Organization