COVID-19 Information for LMCH Tenants
The health and well-being of our tenants, employees, contractors and community partners continues to be our priority. To help with prevention, LMCH is taking the following precautionary measures to protect our Tenants and Staff:
- Staff are required to wear face coverings and sanitize their hands as often as possible.
- LMCH strongly recommends that tenants and guests to wear face coverings in any common areas such as lounges, community rooms, hallways, stairwells, lobbies, elevators and laundry rooms in their apartment building.
- The LMCH Main Office is open to the public for all services. Our office hours are from Monday to Friday,8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tenants are welcome to drop off their income review paperwork if they have received it. Tenants and visitors must wear a face covering whenever they enter the office as per the Middlesex-London Health Unit’s mandate.
- LMCH staff are still available by phone and by email from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday for any questions or concerns.
- LMCH will work with tenants if employment income is reduced due to COVID-19. Tenants are asked to contact the main office to discuss their situation and options available.
- Community Relations Workers (CRWs) will be available by email or phone. They will be working on-site.
- We have issued regular updates to our employees, including advice on how they can direct tenants to get information about COVID-19 from the Middlesex London Health Unit (MLHU).
Recommendations from the Middlesex-London Health Unit.
As our community adapts to easing public health measures, please be kind to each other and respect that your comfort levels with physical distancing, social gatherings and masking may be different from others. Please continue to:
- Wear a mask, and remain respectful of others, whether or not they choose to wear a mask.
- Make sure your COVID-19 vaccination status is up to date.
- Stay home if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 or feel sick.
London & Middlesex Community Housing is accepting walk-ins for rent payments in the form of cash, debit or cheque. You also have other options for paying rent.
You can mail cheques payable to London & Middlesex Community Housing with your Tenant Code (example: T000123) as the memo, along with your name and address so we can apply your payment to the correct account.
Pay your rent using your online banking system. You can add "London & Middlesex Housing Corp." as a payee and use your Tenant Code as your account number. If your bank requires a 10-digit account number, simply add 00 before the T (example: 00T000123). This will allow you to make payments directly from your bank account. Talk to your bank, credit union or trust company to learn how.
Pay your rent using telephone banking. You can pay rent directly from your bank account over the phone. Talk to your bank, credit union or trust company to learn how.
Pay your rent using the pre-authorized payment system. Your bank, credit union or trust company will send your rent payment from your bank account directly to LMCH on the first day of every month.
Download and complete the Pre-Authorized Debit Form (PAD) and send it to our main office. You must attach a Void Cheque from the bank account that you want LMCH to debit your rent from. You can either mail this form back to our main office, or scan/take a picture and email it to care [at] lmch.ca
Avoid crowded elevators. Wait for an empty one. Wash your hands after using the elevator. Face coverings are mandatory whenever you are on an elevator and in any LMCH building common area such as the lobbies, stairwells, laundry rooms and hallways.